Foreign citizens who want to obtain a long term visa have to apply first for the one year non-immigrant visa in Thailand. This type of visa is granted in accordance with the purpose of the application and is valid within one year from the date of issue. Please note that the one year non-immigrant visa in Thailand can be extended up to three months either on or before the visa expiration date. Our lawyers in Thailand can give you extensive details about this type of visa.
Requirements for one year non-immigrant visa in Thailand
There are special conditions which have to be met in order to be granted a one year non-immigrant visa in Thailand. These include the following:
• The applicant must prove that he/she is not a public nor a security threat to the local government;
• To hold a valid passport with a minimum 6 months validity from the date of your arrival in Thailand;
• To demonstrate the purpose of travel by means of an invitation or confirmation letter from an individual or an organization in Thailand;
• Additional support documents requested by the Thai consulate or embassy (if this is the case);
• The payment of the embassy fee;
• Proof of having enough money to support oneself in Thailand for the duration of the one year stay.
Our Thai lawyers can assist you with the process of applying for a one year non-immigrant visa.
Application for one year non-immigrant visa in Thailand
This type of visa allows a foreign citizen multiple entries in Thailand and can be converted to any long term visa such as marriage visa or retirement visa. One year non-immigrant visa in Thailand is part of the non-immigrant visa category, which also includes: the investment visa, the education/study visa or the business visa. The application process for the one year non-immigrant visa in Thailand consists of the following steps:
• Gathering the necessary documents by the applicant and by the organization responsible for inviting the visa applicant – passport, identification documents, letter of invitation or conformation on behalf of the organization;
• Submission of these documents with the Thai embassy or consulate;
• The payment of the consular fees for visa application;
• The visa processing period – it takes from 5 to 10 working days to complete the visa assessment procedure.
If you need professional assistance in applying for a one year non-immigrant visa, feel free to contact our law firm in Thailand.